High Performance Homes from Eagle CDI, Inc.
Want a home that costs a fraction of what your neighbors pay for heating and cooling? Want a smart design that takes advantage of every square foot? Want a home that’s connected, automated and equipped with a back up generator in case the power goes out? Wouldn’t it be great to have a home that’s more comfortable, even better for your health? Then you want a High Performance Home from Eagle CDI.
New home buyers in Tennessee opting for one of our High Performance Homes is typically looking at building their final dream home that will serve their needs after they retire. Thus they are after lower operating costs, more comfort and security, and a design that will serve their needs as they age.
Benefits of High Performance Homes?
Designed To Meet Your Needs
A high performance home starts with a design that’s geared toward your specific lifestyle and budget, both short and long term. At Eagle CDI our design philosophy is “usefulness of space versus quantity of space”. Simply put, we want you to be able to fully utilize the space you are paying for more efficiently.
We are in tune with the latest aging-in-place-designs, sometimes called Universal Design. Using state of the art appliances and home features, we custom design each home plan to meet these wants and needs in an efficient, appealing design. Examples of these design features include:
- Open floor plans designed for gathering
- Formal dining room flex option as private study or home office
- First floor master bedroom suites
- First floor second bedroom & full bath for guests/parents
- Spacious walk-in pantries*
- Direct access to laundry room from master bedroom closet
- Large walk-in closets and custom shelving in secondary bedrooms
- Easy access walk-in storage areas
Dramatically Lower Operating Costs
We save our clients significantly on heating and cooling costs, by building your High Performance Home to meet the ENERGY STAR requirements. To earn the ENERGY STAR label, homes must meet strict guidelines for energy efficiency set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). These homes include energy-saving features that typically make them as much as 50% more efficient than conventional homes.
At Eagle CDI all of the homes we build are ENERGY STAR 3.0 Qualified. We adhere to the latest EPA guidelines and in many cases exceed their requirements to build high-performance homes. The result is more energy efficient, healthier, and environmentally friendly homes.
Our ENERGY STAR 3.0 Qualified homes are up to 50% more efficient than conventional homes. This results in a new home that’s offers increase comfort, lower energy demand, and fresher indoor air quality. Examples of these features include:
- Effective insulation in the crawlspace and house to maintain even temperatures
- High-performance Low-E, argon gas filled windows
- Tight construction to reduce air infiltration, drafts, mold, dust, pollen and noise
- High-efficiency tankless water heater units
- Mechanical fresh air ventilation and filtering systems
- High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment to improve comfort in the home
- Energy Star qualified appliances, fans, and efficient CFL lighting
- Third-party verification and on-site testing to ensure guidelines are met
Better for Your Health
Most of us spend much of our time indoors. The air that we breathe inside can put us at risk for health problems. Some pollutants can be chemicals, gases, and living organisms like mold and pests. Indoor pollution sources that release gases or particles into the air are the primary cause of indoor air quality problems in new homes, which are much tighter envelope than decades ago. Inadequate ventilation can increase indoor pollutant levels by not bringing in enough outdoor air to dilute emissions from indoor sources and by not carrying indoor air pollutants out of the home. High temperature and humidity levels can also increase concentrations of some pollutants.
Eagle CDI is proud to be in partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Indoor airPLUS Program. Through this partnership, Eagle CDI has committed to promoting Indoor airPLUS Qualified homes that provide homeowners with improved indoor air quality.
To earn the Indoor airPLUS label, a home must meet strict guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for reducing poor indoor air quality. Indoor airPLUS Qualified homes offer homebuyers all the features they want in a new home including:
- Moisture and mold control
- Sealed and conditioned crawlspaces
- Radon resistant construction
- Pest barriers
- Effective heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems
- Safe combustion and healthier building materials
Better for the Environment
Green building combines design and construction strategies that significantly reduce the negative environmental impacts of a home and the home building process. Building green means evaluating the home, the construction process and materials, and the home’s relation with the environment.
Green homes have many benefits including reduced energy and water consumption, improved indoor air quality, and increased durability and comfort. For homeowners this means significantly reduced utility bills, a more comfortable and healthy home, and reduced home maintenance costs.
At Eagle CDI our green built homes start with an efficient, practical design that is built to the latest ENERGY STAR guidelines. We then go above and beyond the ENERGY STAR qualification by incorporating the EPA Indoor airPLUS requirements to build a healthier home. We use locally manufactured products whenever possible to reduce shipping, lowering fossil fuel consumption and carbon emissions. Green materials and processes used in the construction of our homes include:
- Compact fluorescent lighting (CFL)
- Low VOC emission tile and paint
- Carpeting made from recycled milk jugs
- High Performance Insulation that saves you significant money over the life of the home
- Xeriscape landscaping
- Advanced framing to reduce lumber usage and improve insulating efficiency
High-performance homes that meet your lifestyle needs, are energy efficient, and are better for your health and the environment. Contact us today to learn how Eagle CDI can help build the home of your dreams!